PROFILE Huiyi this is my name. I'm a Year 4 Chemistry major student in NUS. I enjoy reading and I hope that I can learn something different from Chemistry with ES2007S =D This is a place for me to write out my thoughts about ES2007S. So please feel free to comment on my posts! ES2007S Groupmates Luigi Jessica Prashant Wei Xiong Xiao Yu Friends Chai Yee =) Xin Wei ^_^ Eileen :D ARCHIVE CREDITS Codes: -RAJAHchindian | Inspiration: kissandtell | Background: Kollermedia | Image Host: Photobucket | |
Friday, November 13, 2009
Final Reflection Time seems to pass by quickly and this is my last blog entry for this module. I have learnt many types of communication skills, but I will only elaborate on non verbal communication since I have never touched on this topic in my previous entries. I learnt that non-verbal interaction is very important for me to enhance my ability to communicate effectively. We should practice active listening when others are presenting and take note of the non verbal signals we are emitting, such as eye contact, tone of voice, gesture, posture and body movements. During my last oral presentation, I tried to pay more attention to these details and perhaps this is why I did a better job as compared to my first presentation. Because of this module, I had the opportunities to interact with everyone in this class. From the weekly class activities to peer teaching and lastly the final project, I have learnt to be polite, responsive and sensitive towards everyone’s feelings and to work as a team. My project mates and I have developed rapport during the process of working on the project, where we had to plan, prepare, research and finally come up with an original and practical proposal. Lastly, one of the most useful things I have gained from this module is the 7Cs, (which is the Fundamentals of Written Communication, namely: Courtesy, Correctness, Conciseness, Clarity, Coherence/Cohesion, Concreteness and Completeness). We have learnt to put it into practical use in our application letter, bio-data, business correspondence for our projects as well as for our blogs entries and comments. It becomes a habit of mine now to always start off my comments in our classmates’ blogs in a courteous and positive tone and also to be clear in the messages that I want to bring across to them. On a final note, I would like to thank everyone, especially my project group mates (Ariff and Pak Ming) and Ms Goh for being encouraging at all times. All the best to everyone for the final semester exams! Cheers, Huiyi Huiyi; 11:11 PM 7 comments |