PROFILE Huiyi this is my name. I'm a Year 4 Chemistry major student in NUS. I enjoy reading and I hope that I can learn something different from Chemistry with ES2007S =D This is a place for me to write out my thoughts about ES2007S. So please feel free to comment on my posts! ES2007S Groupmates Luigi Jessica Prashant Wei Xiong Xiao Yu Friends Chai Yee =) Xin Wei ^_^ Eileen :D ARCHIVE CREDITS Codes: -RAJAHchindian | Inspiration: kissandtell | Background: Kollermedia | Image Host: Photobucket | |
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Interpersonal Conflict I believe many of you all have taken on vacation jobs in the past. Imagine this scenario that I once faced while I was working as an Administrative Assistant. I was working in the Sales department of a company. My job scope was to assist my supervisor with her daily administrative work. My supervisor appeared to be an amicable person and I decided this was probably going to be a pleasant job assignment. However as time progressed, I found that my workload increased tremendously as my supervisor delegated more and more work to me. One day, my manager requested to speak to me in his office. He asked how I thought about my job and went on to ask if I had been doing most of my supervisor’s job. I replied truthfully that I only assisted my supervisor with any tasks she assigned. Following that, my supervisor was summoned into the manager’s office and their discussion went on for quite some time. Immediately after their discussion, my supervisor approached me to retract all the tasks she had assigned to me previously. During lunch that day, she did not speak a word to me, a stark contrast to previously when we used to engage in long casual chats. From that day onwards, my workload decreased drastically. I tried to ask my supervisor to assign me more work but she just replied me coldly that there was not much work for me to do. If you were in my shoes, what would you do? Huiyi; 9:00 PM 6 comments |